The “1 Billion Meals Endowment” campaign will launch a food endowment fund at a value of AED1 billion. The campaign aims to help the vulnerable communities in dozens of countries around the world, during the holy month of Ramadan.
The campaign reflects the UAE’s approach in humanitarian aid and its commitment to developing long-term solutions to improve human’s lives across the world, without any discrimination.
The “1 Billion Meals Endowment” is an expansion of the UAE’s previous Ramadan campaigns “1 Billion Meals”, “100 Million Meals” and “10 Million Meals”, organized under the directives of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
The “1 Billion Meals Endowment” campaign reflects the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, towards a sustainable global humanitarian initiative, through an integrated corporate concept.
The campaign stresses the significance of effective partnerships in achieving the goals of charitable initiatives across the world.
The “1 Billion Meals Endowment” campaign stems from the UAE’s aspirations in humanitarian aid, and the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, in supporting human solidarity.
The campaign also reflects the humanitarian values derived from the founding father Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, and the generosity of the Emirati society.
The 1 Billion Meals Endowment Fund, at a value of AED 1 billion, aims to provide a food safety net for the world’s most underprivileged populations, especially in countries struggling with food insecurity. It also aims to support vulnerable groups, especially victims of natural disasters, conflicts and crises around the world.
- Strengthening the position of the UAE and its humanitarian leading role regionally and globally.
- Promoting the values of giving and human solidarity of the UAE.
- Using the endowment approach as a development tool for sustainable humanitarian aid.
- Strengthening the UAE’s contribution in global humanitarian work, and supporting the Zero Hunger goal, as one of the most important SDGs adopted by the united nations.
- Implementing programs and projects to combat hunger around the world, in cooperation with companies, and charitable and humanitarian institutions.
- Establishing a community-based action that contributes to achieving the goals of the “1 Billion Meals Endowment” campaign in providing support and food aid for tens of millions of vulnerable around the world.