The “One Billion Meals” is the biggest humanitarian initiative of its kind in the region. It aims to secure food aid for vulnerable communities in 50 countries around the world. It will provide food support to those in need, representing a grand statement of the UAE’s aspirations in humanitarian aid and firm commitment in developing long-term solutions to improve lives across the world, without any discrimination.
The One Billion Meals campaign is an expansion of the UAE’s previous Ramadan campaigns “100 Million Meals” and “10 Million Meals”, organized under the directives of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
The campaign is implemented by Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives (MBRGI), in collaboration with the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Humanitarian & Charity Establishment (MBRCH), the Food Banking Regional Network (FBRN), the UN World Food Programme, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), and a number of organizations in the UAE and targeted countries.
The One Billion Meals campaign reflects the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to develop a comprehensive humanitarian aid as a major priority.
the “One Billion Meals” campaign is committed to the UAE’s culture of giving and the visions of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, in supporting human solidarity. A vison derived from the founding fathers of the UAE and the values of generosity and giving of the Emirati society.
- Establishing an integrated societal and institutional supportive ecosystem for humanitarian work that includes influential public figures and effective institutions from inside and outside the UAE community.
- Strengthening the position of the UAE and its humanitarian leading role regionally and globally.
- Creating a social movement supporting the campaign's goals in providing One Billion Meals to needy people in 50 countries around the world.
- Promoting the values of giving and human solidarity in the UAE through a sustainable global humanitarian initiative.
- Enabling individuals, companies, the business community, charitable and humanitarian institutions to contribute to humanitarian work.
- Enhancing individual, societal and institutional awareness of the importance of combating food waste.